The Rio Grande Sports Association offers camping to the general public at the Rio Grande Sports Grounds. The Rio Grande Sports Grounds are maintained by community volunteers who are dedicated members of the Rio Grande Sports Association.
The Rio Grande Sports Association charges $15 per night per camping unit, this charge covers the cost of general repair and cleanup of the camping sites as they are used.
To access the campsite and make a reservation for camping you can book here.
Camping / Facility Use Rules
- All sites are rustic, interior, backcountry campsites
- No services are provided
Hours of Use
- Check in is by pre-arrangement after 2 pm on the day of arrival.
- Checkout is by 1:00 pm on the day of departure.
- Visitors to campers must leave by 10 pm. If visitors spend the night, overnight fees will apply
- Quiet time is from 10 pm to 8 am.
- Gates remain locked.
- All pets are to be kept under control at all times
- There is a maximum of two pets per camping unit; owners must pick up after their pets
- Persons must be 18 years of age to register for a campsite. Proof of age will be required.
- No more than the allotted number of people, including the registrant, is permitted on a designated campsite. The registrant must occupy the site, unless immediate family.
- Campsites must be cleaned before leaving the site. Garbage must be taken with you unless otherwise directed.
- Fires are permitted in designated areas only and must be contained within the designated fire pit. When finished, all fire pits must be soaked with water.
- Inform the grounds staff of any disturbances or emergencies.
Smoking, Alcohol and Illegal Drugs
- All Rio Grande Sports Association properties are smoke free areas except for designated campsites. Smoking includes inhaling, exhaling, burning or carrying of lighted tobacco and e-cigarettes.
- Alcohol and/or cannabis are only permitted within campsites. Intoxication or impairment in a public area is prohibited.
- Substance abuse including illegal drugs is prohibited.
Rules and Regulations
- Speed limit is 15 km/h.
- Payment in full is required at the time of booking.
- Rio Grande Sports Association strictly enforces its Zero Tolerance Policy. Threatening behavior by campers or their pets is unacceptable. No profanity, excessive noise or other unsuitable behavior is permitted at any time. No person shall willfully damage any public or private property, buildings or other facilities.
- Collecting, cutting, removing or destroying any plant, tree or other living object is strictly prohibited.
- Rio Grande Sports Association is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property.
- Fireworks, weapons, dirt bikes, atv’s and other motorized recreational vehicles are prohibited from use on the Rio Grande Sports Grounds.
- Respect privacy of others – do not trespass on other sites, please use the roads.
- No refunds – Due to inclement weather or early departures.
The Rio Grande Sports Association expects all registered campers to comply with the Alberta Health Services public health measures.
For current Alberta Health Services public health measures please go to their website at https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
These rules, regulations, and standards were developed to maintain a level of safety and consistency at Rio Grande Sports Grounds campground and are based on Rio Grande Sports Association property.
All users are responsible for knowing all the rules and regulations.
Violation(s) may result in eviction without refund, a permanent ban, and/or fine and the possibility of court action.
Rio Grande Sports Association enforces a Zero Tolerance Policy.
At the discretion of Rio Grande Sports Association, occupancy may be revoked at any time without refund.
Rio Grande Sports Association is responsible for interpretation and enforcement of these rules, regulations and standards. This is not an exhaustive list. Prices are subject to change.
LIABILITY AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT
In receiving and reviewing this Rio Grande Sports Association Camping / Facility Use Rules document, we the occupants acknowledge that, the Rio Grande Sports Association, its employees, volunteers or associates, shall not be held liable for any claim, action, occurrence, accident, loss, damage, injury, cost, expense, fees, charges, fines, penalties or other amount that, directly or indirectly, is, or is alleged, to be caused by, contributed to or results or arises from (in whole or in part, regardless of any other cause) or event contributing concurrently or in any sequence as a result of using and / or occupying the Rio Grande Sports Association facilities.